I'M AN AMAZON AUTHOR!!!

I've published several books, in a variety of genres, on Amazon.
Search under the name, "Marcia Gunnett Woodard".

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

How Many In Your Audience?

Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night, 
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light. (1)

"I want my dad to be proud."
"What would Mom say?"
"What would the pastor think?"
The boss. The neighbors. My kids.

All these concerns have some validity. SOME. The problem comes, though, when my audience gets too big. The question is, "How big is too big?" For the Christ-follower, the answer is simple. (You notice, I said simple--not easy.) If I claim to follow Jesus, then the size of my audience is--ONE. Others may watch. They may comment, applaud, or criticize. But they are bystanders. Their responses may impact me, but they should not dissuade me. Christ is my audience. I sing, I dance, I weep, I laugh, I love, I speak, I live, I die--for Him. (Romans 14:7-8)

I have decided to follow Jesus.
No turning back,
No turning back. (2)

I know, I know. There's something oxymoronic about writing on an open public blog to advocate an audience of One. My goal is to write what He assigns, to the best of my ability, in a way pleasing to Him, regardless if anyone else ever reads it. Pray for me.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face.
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace. (3)

...whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31b)

References:
1. Be Thou My Vision - attr. to Dallan Forgaill
2. I Have Decided - attr. to S. Sundar Singh
3. Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus - Helen Lemmel

No comments: