I'M AN AMAZON AUTHOR!!!

I've published several books, in a variety of genres, on Amazon.
Search under the name, "Marcia Gunnett Woodard".

Saturday, November 12, 2011

God's Love

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! (1John 3:1a)

Today, I'm thinking about the love of God. Until I can write something as meaningful as these, they'll have to do. First, here's an older one: 

O the deep, deep love of Jesus, 
Vast unmeasured, boundless, free
Rolling as a mighty ocean, 

In its fullness over me
Underneath me, all around me, 

Is the current of Thy love
Leading onward, leading homeward 

To Thy glorious rest above (1)

Next, a newer one:

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory (2)


Last, this is the one I consider the writer's hymn:

Could we with ink the ocean fill
And were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill
And every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole
Though stretched from sky to sky

O love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure
The saints' and angels' song (3)


As symbolized by this selection of songs, may you find God's love tried and true, ever new, and supplied 'specially, just for you.

References:
1. O, the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus - Samuel T. Francis
2. How Deep the Father's Love for Us - Stuart Townend
3. The Love of God - Frederick M. Lehman

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just did an Internet search for the phrase “tried and true, ever new.” And this site was the only one on the Internet that came up with that phrase. I searched this phrase because it came to me in a dream last night. I don’t know where it came from. But thank you for the post that included it. It was a wonderful blessing.