I'M AN AMAZON AUTHOR!!!

I've published several books, in a variety of genres, on Amazon.
Search under the name, "Marcia Gunnett Woodard".

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Ditch the Ratty Old Sweats!

OK, confession time. Thursday night scares me. Why? Because...I know how to "do" the role of sick person. I'm comfortable in the role of patient, long-suffering, gracious invalid. That doesn't scare me. What makes me nervous is the idea of being asked to "play the character" of the healthy person, I think I've almost forgotten what a healthy person's life is like. As a matter of faith, I've been trying to retrain myself to "think healthy" but numerous times every day, I catch myself about to slip back into the old ways of thinking. It feels soooo cooommmforrrrrtabllle, kind of like coming home at the end of the day and changing out of your crisp, impeccable suit and into you comfy, ratty old sweats. So if you'd like to pray for me today, you can pray that God will help me remember to "think like a healthy person".

And here's a question for you: What old, detrimental ways of thinking are you still holding onto--a way that you know you should break free from because you have no doubt is holding you back from all God has planned for you. Something you know you should have thrown away a long time ago, but it's soooo cooommmforrrrrtabllle?

"Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history. Be alert. Be present. I am about to do something brand-new. It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is!"  Isaiah 43:17  (MSG)

No comments: