Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Happy Birthday to Me
As a couple of fellow bloggers knew, today was my birthday. Here's how I "celebrated":
1. Hour and a half of therapy for my shoulder.
2. Doctor's appointment to have my injured foot examined.
3. X-ray of injured foot — results available tomorrow
4. Trip to the BMV to renew my driver's license
5. Can't pass the vision test without my glasses — new license has glasses restriction
6. Arrive home to find a phone message from my husband — my mother-in-law has been taken to the hospital with leg pain after a fall
7. Approaching midnight — the DH is still at the hospital with his mom
There you have it, folks.... Real life doesn't stop just because a certain number comes up on the calendar!
A few positive thoughts in closing:
1. I prefer a day like today over what I was experiencing six months ago. I have the energy to do all the running around.
2. My license photo turned out OK.
3. I saw a good friend in Tree of Life who I haven't seen for a while.
4. My family is planning to celebrate my birthday on the weekend.
Life's pretty good after all...in spite of the "bumps".
by . at 11:04 PM