I'M AN AMAZON AUTHOR!!!

I've published several books, in a variety of genres, on Amazon.
Search under the name, "Marcia Gunnett Woodard".

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Routine Update

It's been a long time since I've posted anything, but "no news is good news," right?

I've been having A LOT of really good days! The Mirapex seems to have really kicked in! I have better balance, more energy and stamina, and a lot less stiffness and tremor. The one thing I do have to be careful of is not to overdo things. I'm seeing things that I've had to neglect for too long and thinking, "I could take care of that!" — thinking it about all of them at once!!! I've had some sore muscles to show for it. (But it's the good, "I've accomplished something," kind of sore.)

The other item "in the news" is that I'm in therapy for my shoulder. (Told you my warranty has expired!) It seems that a combination of heredity, repetitive motion, and possibly the Parkinson's has resulted in arthritis/weakened muscles. I go in and have hot and cold packs and do exercises with a therapist three times a week. It isn't bad. It's at the place where I used to work, so there are a lot of friendly faces to talk to.

Now for the really awful news.... I have to renew my driver's license!!! Once again, I face that dreaded moment in every woman's life—THE ID PHOTO! We have a good news/bad news scenario here. The good news: they've changed the state law so that I only have to face this moment every 6 years, instead of every four. The bad news: how ever this new picture turns out on my license, I have to live with it for 6 years, instead of just four. It sure would be nice if they offered re-takes, like when we had school pictures. Ah, well.... My son has developed the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mindset. When he had his license photo taken, he waited until the last second and deliberately made a goofy face! Now, whenever someone complains to him about their ID photo, he can always trump their picture with his! At least he's happy! If you want to ask about my new license, though, remember you do so at your own risk!

2 comments:

Christin said...

Marcia! So glad to hear that you're doing well these days.
Just had to get my picture taken for an ID today, too. It IS strange. There's always that moment of panic for photo IDs, right before the camera flashes, when you know no matter how hard you try, you're going to look dumb.;-)

Anon said...

Great news Marcia! Love your sense of humor.