I'M AN AMAZON AUTHOR!!!

I've published several books, in a variety of genres, on Amazon.
Search under the name, "Marcia Gunnett Woodard".

Friday, March 15, 2013

Passions vs. Promises

I'm facing a struggle.

I have a passion I want to follow, but I have a promise I've made, that I need to keep.

DON'T WORRY! IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY MARRIAGE! (It has to do with writing.)

I have a writing project that has really caught my imagination. I find myself thinking about it aaallll the time. It feels like fun. I get to look back and see progress right away.

Then, there's the writing project which I've promised to do. If I got it rolling, it would probably take not more than a day or two. There are a lot of people counting on me. but I don't get the immediate "payoff." It could result in a bigger payoff than the passion project--or not.

So, I plan on keeping my promise. I keep it because I look forward to the possible payoff. I keep it because I care about the people who are depending on me to finish. Most of all, I will keep my promise because God keeps His promises, and I want to be like Him. I believe He will bless my commitment and integrity. I don't know how. It may not be the way I expect or hope. But He will. He promised. And He keeps His promises.

Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us;And confirm for us the work of our hands;Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

No comments: