I'M AN AMAZON AUTHOR!!!

I've published several books, in a variety of genres, on Amazon.
Search under the name, "Marcia Gunnett Woodard".

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"Elevated" Thinking

This morning, I woke up, opened the drapes and gazed out the window at . . . the Indianapolis Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument! Lloyd had to be in Indy today for a conference, so I tagged along. I'm spending the day reading, writing, and people-watching--in a very nice hotel. In a little while, I may go visit the church across the street.

But for now, here I am, almost eye-to-eye with Lady Whoever-She-Is, on top of the monument. And I've been thinking . . . being on the 20th floor of a building in the center of a city is a little like being God. I can see things that the people on the ground can't see--things on the roof. Things around the corner. Things half a mile or more away.

So while the driver on the ground is stuck in a traffic jam, running late and cursing his luck, I can see the major wreck that has happened four blocks away, that he was "late for"! While the pedestrian is grumbling to herself about having to walk down another block to cross the street, because the drunk at the corner made her uneasy, I can see the piece of decorative stone that falls off a building and lands just where she would have been. While the businessman is frustrated because he's chasing the hat the wind blew off, I can see that running from the other direction to stop the hat is the businessman's long-lost friend, and that they are going to "run into" each other, after all these years.

In other words, my knowledge is "higher" than theirs. If they could see what I can see, their feelings about today would be different.

I wonder what I see as a "curse" in my life, that God knows is really a blessing?

No comments: