I injured my neck somehow. Pulled something, I think. It feels like I sprained it!
For two days, these are some of the things I've dealt with....
1. My balance is off. I'm more easily knocked down.
2. I have trouble reaching out for things. When I reach out, it hurts.
3. It's hard for me to look around. I can't just turn my head--I have to turn my whole upper body.
4. It's hard for me to rest. No matter what I try, I just can't seem to get comfortable.
5. I have pain when I walk. What should be smooth movement is instead a stiff hobble.
6. I'm having trouble working. I work less efficiently and tire more easily.
7. All the rest of my body has to compensate for my "owey" neck. This is causing other aches and pains to show up in various places.
1 Corinthians 12:14, 19-21, 24b-26
14 Now the body is not made up of one part but of many.
19 If they were all one part, where would the body be?
20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
21The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!"
24 ...But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it,
25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.
26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.
I need to remember these days when I feel like a weaker, "sprained" brother or sister is "dragging me down".