I'M AN AMAZON AUTHOR!!!

I've published several books, in a variety of genres, on Amazon.
Search under the name, "Marcia Gunnett Woodard".

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Open Mouth, Insert Birds (and Bees)

I'm going to be a grandma...again! And my four year old granddaughter is excited about being a big sister, again. So the other day, she and I were just hangin' out, chatting and spelling words with Scrabble tiles on the floor, and it went something like this:

GD: Look! I spelled Mom and Dad!
Me: Very nice!
GD: And look, I can spell my name, too!
Me: Very impressive! Would you like to practice the baby names?
GD: Only the girl one, 'cause I really want a sister. So I think that's what I'll just have.
Me: Well, we don't get to choose. Jesus decides, and we find out later.
GD (wide-eyed): Does He TELL us?!
(At that moment, I nearly talked myself into a corner. But then I rescued myself, rather neatly, I think.)
Me: No. Remember the picture we have of the baby in Mommy's tummy? Well, when the baby is bigger, the doctor will take another picture, and we'll be able to see if it's a boy or girl when we see its...(What have I got myself into?! Help!)...its...FACE. (Whew. Dodged a bullet on that one.)

Now, as long as we don't find her staring at the ultrasound picture, trying to figure out how you tell the difference between a boy face and a girl face....

...And by the way, we just found out the baby is a....(to be continued)

No comments: