I'M AN AMAZON AUTHOR!!!

I've published several books, in a variety of genres, on Amazon.
Search under the name, "Marcia Gunnett Woodard".

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Ideal Bookshelf

I found an interesting website, "The Ideal Bookshelf," where an artist creates "inner portraiture," a painting of a row of books, chosen by the subject as memorable and influential for them.

That got me thinking.... Although I can't necessarily afford a painting, I can create a "sketch"--a list of some of my most unforgettable books.

Here they are:
  • The Chronicles of Narnia (esp. The Last Battle) by C.S. Lewis
  • A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L'Engle
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • The HAB Theory by Allan W. Eckert
  • The White Plague by Frank Herbert
  • The Kitchen Madonna by Rumer Godden
  • Lost Horizon by James Hilton
  • Walking On Water by Madeleine L'Engle
  • Writing Essentials by Roy Peter Clark
  • The Bible
  • Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  • The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis
  • Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
  • Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
  • The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper
  • Canterbury Tales by Chaucer
  • By the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • Lord of the Flies by William S. Golding
  • The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (If you send me your email address, I will not publish or sell it, but I will tell you why this book is on the list.)
Short Stories by:
  • James Thurber
  • Edgar Allen Poe
  • O. Henry
What's on your ideal bookshelf? Leave a comment and let me know.

No comments: