I'M AN AMAZON AUTHOR!!!

I've published several books, in a variety of genres, on Amazon.
Search under the name, "Marcia Gunnett Woodard".

Monday, February 04, 2008

How's that go again?

I love the funny things kids end up with when they try to say "grownup things"—You know, big words they can't pronounce that we use to talk about big ideas they can't understand. Anyway, a radio station here in town has local school kids sign up to say the Pledge of Allegiance every weekday morning. The common recitation glitches I hear in that segment got me thinking, "What's the worst possible screwed-up mess a kid could make of the Pledge, using real words?" Here's what I came up with:

I pudge our reasons
Two-door flag
Of the ninety snakes of America
And two-door public
For Richard Sands
One ace in Underdog
In the fizzle bowl
Miss Wiberdy
Adjust us
For all

Scrambling the Pledge was pretty fun! Care to join me? If you come up with something that makes you laugh, please share!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go visit my granddaughter and try using little words to help her understand some big ideas.... Like love.

1 comment:

Lloyd Woodard said...

I paid the leaness to the flag
of the new nicest states in America
and true the public of richest sands
one asian wondergod
invisible with whittling
and just as we are.