I'M AN AMAZON AUTHOR!!!

I've published several books, in a variety of genres, on Amazon.
Search under the name, "Marcia Gunnett Woodard".

Saturday, November 08, 2014

Posted Prayers - Week 2

I'm still thinking about prayers when we don't do all the talking. This week, I'm looking at prayers where God does pretty much all the talking while we keep silent. I want to give the prayer time a little direction, though, so I'm doing what I'll call a "guided listening prayer," where I will suggest an area of concern, you bring to mind specific persons or things in that category and wordlessly lift them up to the Lord, for Him to touch as He knows best. Listen to what He has to say. Then, after a few moments, you can move on to the next topic.


Heavenly Father,
Today,
I want to listen to You.
To present my concerns
And know Your thoughts.
To share my dreams
And know Your plans.
To hold my life up
Open to Your gaze.
To wait in the silence
And hear Your voice.

First, Father, I bring You my relationships
The people I care for....
....
....

Next, I offer You my fears
The things that hold me back from serving You....
....
....

Here, Papa, are my sorrows
All the tears You collect like gems....
....
....

Here are my dreams
The desires You placed in my heart....
....
....

Here, Father, is my ministry
The purpose for which You created me.
....
....

Here is my life
Show me Your will....
....
....

Amen.

No comments: