I'M AN AMAZON AUTHOR!!!

I've published several books, in a variety of genres, on Amazon.
Search under the name, "Marcia Gunnett Woodard".

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Answers

Well, it looks like we have an answer. The Movement Disorder Neurolgist says that he's convinced it's early-onset Parkinson's Disease. (And I've seen his diplomas - he should know!) It won't change me, just the "tent" I live in. And it won't change how long I live in the "tent", just HOW I live.

Parkinson's is a condition where my brain doesn't produce enough of the chemical needed to communicate well with my muscles. Hence, the shaking, fatigue, and unsteadiness. There is treatment, but no cure. It DOES NOT effect life span!!! There is a wide range of medicines I can take to control symptoms. There are also significant advances being made in research for a cure. The doctor said he wouldn't be at all surprised to see a cure in the next 5-10 years!

In the meantime, feel free to ASK ME QUESTIONS!!!! Feel free to let your kids ask me questions! I love to share information and it won't bother me to have you ask! IT WILL HELP ME!!! (It will also give me an excuse to go on the internet, if you ask me something I don't know!)

If you want to do some research of your own, a couple good places to start are:

www.parkinson.org
www.wemove.org

Thank you for your prayers...keep it up! They ARE making a difference! I'll be posting more, and I'll see many of you soon!

"I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."
Psalm 16:8

Love y'all....

Marcia

1 comment:

Robin said...

Wow. That's a lot to deal with. Sometimes I think just having a name for a disease helps; just to be able to define it. And research is so promising in this area. But it's still a lot to think about.

You're definitely in my prayers.