I'M AN AMAZON AUTHOR!!!

I've published several books, in a variety of genres, on Amazon.
Search under the name, "Marcia Gunnett Woodard".

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

...And Nudge Me When....

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens...a time to be silent and a time to speak.... (Ecclesiastes 3:1&7)

Lord, speak to me, that I may speak
In living echoes of Thy tone.
As Thou hast sought, so let me seek
Thy wand'ring children, lost and lone. (1)

A close friend is, I believe, very close to stepping into a new (to them) spiritual truth. The kind that will change everything. And therein lies the problem. My friend is scared. SCARED. This truth is so big, once you grasp it, you see things differently—God, people, work, pleasure, life....

And therein lies my problem. I'm beginning to have a small grasp of this truth, and it makes me want to grab people, shake them awake, and drag them to it. Sort of like making kids eat broccoli. It's that important!

But that isn't how God does it. He is patient and kind, and gives us time. He wants me to remember that there is a time to speak and a time to remain silent. I need to strike a balance. While I'm waiting for my friend, I need to follow my dad's advice: "Ask Jesus to come stand beside you, and put His arm around your shoulders and His hand over your mouth."

"Lord, fill my mouth with useful stuff, and nudge me when I've said enough!" (2)

References:
1. Lord, Speak to Me, That I May Speak - Frances Havergal
2. quoting Joyce Landorf

No comments: